Ray-Marching

The Fluid Simulation I made earlier using render targets broke as I made a lot of changes to the water system since I first made the render target. However, before I attempt to fix this I thought it might be a good idea to try and integrate another type of fluid simulation I saw on Twitter by Campo Santo's Matt Wilde.






I was a little confused by what Signed Distance Field is and if it was related to the normal distance field I see in UE4. However, James Burton (White Paper Games) informed me that signed distance field are usually used in Ray Marching. He advised me to watch some Youtube videos on the subject.. He also mentioned that this was getting into Graphics programming territory. As much as I'd like to learn how this is made, I might have to leave this alone and attempt to fix the render target fluid simulation I'm trying to create.


I thought you might like this funny video of Pythagoras using Laptop as seen in Sebastian Lague's video on Ray Marching. The sound effect in his video makes it even funnier: https://youtu.be/Cp5WWtMoeKg?t=16

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Environment Showcase Concepts

Distance Field water foam

World alignment (Tri-planar mapping)