Final Environment

Here is the final environment:


After creating all the initial assets for the environment, I level designed and put the assets into place. I then set up the water system including adjusting the Gerstner waves on the ocean and the lake. I then put the river onto a spline following this Livestream tutorial by Zac Parrish: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR0fH6O9jD8


I was initially skeptical about lookup tables for post-processing but I decided to give them a go and they are amazing! I was able to get the results and the colours I wanted on the sand as well as the overall environment. Lookup tables are very easy to implement and give you a lot of control. You make all the adjustments on a screenshot of the environment. You then apply the same adjustments you made on the screenshot to the lookup table texture, import to UE4 and see the magic.  Here is the documentation: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Engine/Rendering/PostProcessEffects/UsingLUTs/index.html

Next, I created the cinematics with sequencer and rendered out the movie. From there, I combined 2 royalty-free pieces of music from soundimage.org and finished everything off with DaVinci Resolve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Environment Showcase Concepts

Distance Field water foam

World alignment (Tri-planar mapping)