Cabin Scene - Diorama Ideas

Started work on a diorama to explore what I know and don't know. It's also to check if animation really needs to be something I need to look into or if I should explore something else. Initially, I was looking to create a diorama of one of Dishonored's Levels but that seemed a little too big as it involves a lot of modelling and texturing especially with the amount of detail involved.
Adermire, Dishonored 2 - Adrien Thierry
I then was inspired by Scott  Homer's work on Stately Home Diorama but that involved a lot of Zbrush sculpting. I needed to find something much simpler and quicker to complete.

Stately Home - Scott Homer 
It took me a while and finally, I settled with a Pirate cabin scene from Sea Of Thieves. The reason is that the materials are consistent (wood all over). However, there are a lot of meshes involved so I will be doing some modifications - reducing the number of meshes and modelling the diorama using a combination of the 2 references (Stately Home Diorama and Pirate cabin scene from Sea Of Thieves.)

Image result for sea of thieves cabin
Galleon Pirate Cabin - Sea of Thieves
Here is the Blockout mesh with some partially completed props:

Blockout mesh with some partially completed props


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Environment Showcase Concepts

Distance Field water foam

World alignment (Tri-planar mapping)