Back to work

It’s been a pretty busy Winter break especially with the fever i've had. I've been trying to push on with the work and decide what the next project should be about.

Recap

So far I have done:
  1. Created Pirate Cabin Scene - This was an experiment to see if my project idea is worthwhile.
  2. Customisable Block out material - Created a material aligned to the world (also known as Tri Planar mapping) and highly customizable, allowing changes to colour texture and other properties
  3. Rain and Snow Particles - Made particle systems including rain and snow in Niagara Particle System.
  4. Explosion Particle - Made by following Imbuefx tutorials and adapted to the Niagara particle system.
  5. Rain Material Function -  It was initially a material but decided to make it into a material function so it can be blended with another material for dynamic weather systems in games.
  6. Fluid simulation in bottles - I followed the concept from Simon Trumpler's Blog post and added my own changes.

Next Project

  1. I have a few ideas regarding my next project but am currently unsure which one to start withI have been making a lot of materials related to water and i feel it might be an idea now to actually make water like an ocean or a lake.
  2. There has been another animation technique I've been itching to do for a while and that is Pivot Painter. But before I can do that I will need to understand how to do advanced rigging and animation as it heavily relies on this method.
  3. Another project is to create a character. I found that creating a character is the best way to learn various animation techniques as characters rely on using a variety of animation methods, such as, VFX systems for a sword trail or magic effect.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Environment Showcase Concepts

Distance Field water foam

World alignment (Tri-planar mapping)