Waterfall

I used everything I've learned from creating the water and used it as part of the water. However, I had to modify certain areas of the map such as the Normal, Highlights, Colour and a few other changes. An extra feature I added was to vertex paint the opacity in case of manually hiding away certain areas of the waterfall.



With some further minor modifications, It might also be used as River easily. During development, I was able to produce this nicer deep blue effect. I preferred that method more but it wouldn't make a convincing waterfall/river.

Foam

As mentioned in the previous post, I used the Vertex Normal along with Distance fields and Vertex painting. However, I made it so that the foam is distorted based on the normals of the river as having it like the sea shader would look weird because of its calm looking nature.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Environment Showcase Concepts

Distance Field water foam

World alignment (Tri-planar mapping)