Camera facing Texture

I forgot to post this earlier, I was approached by someone and asked how to make a camera facing texture. I recalled a similar thing from a UE4 live stream of a material based on the Palantir from Lord of the Rings made by Alan Willard: https://youtu.be/mig6EF17mR8

Camera facing Texture with some distortion effect - The texture is the logo from Ghost Recon Wildlands (It looks ghostly that's why I used this texture. 😄)




Here is the material set up I learned and implemented:
Material setup for Camera Aligned Texture 
There are a few problems with the material where if you zoom out it somehow gets bigger on cubes or flat geometry. I will need to find some way to cancel out the scaling problem so it stays the same no matter the distance between the camera and the object. As for now, I am calling this done as I need to continue working on the water shader.

Another issue is that there is this weird stretching for cylindrical/flat facing objects but I feel that is something that can be hard coded with parameters.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Environment Showcase Concepts

Distance Field water foam

World alignment (Tri-planar mapping)