All Static Mesh Complete

Here are all the static assets I intend to use to create the Environment:

All the static assets ready to be turned into an environment.
I'll probably add one more asset such as the grass if I get the time but this is more or less everything I intend to use.

I also imported the Heat Distortion post-process I made back in 3rd year. I remembered learning this from the old UDK documentation which was one of the reasons that got me interested into materials:  https://docs.unrealengine.com/udk/Three/PostProcessMaterials.html

Although it's a pretty old technique, it still makes a pretty good effect to this day.

I have textured the Dungeon Entrance and the palm trees with Substance Painter. For the Dungeon Entrance, I have set up the material the same way as the rocks so it will have all the same features like terrain blending, sand and moss etc.

I decided to change the sand again. I wasn't satisfied with the way it looks. The sand seemed to look wet. I might go back to the previous version (Again, thanks to Git I can experiment without worrying).  I'll keep playing around with the values to get something I like. Maybe I can do something with the post-process as that tends to do half the work visually. However, this isn't the final version though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Environment Showcase Concepts

Distance Field water foam

World alignment (Tri-planar mapping)