Bottled Fluid simulation Bug - Solved!

After extensive testing and various debugging methods, I finally figured out where the problem is.  The clamp node I had didn’t allow negative values. However, whenever I enabled negative values and tested the bottle, the sine movement wasn’t working. It turns out  that I was moving the bottle through a small distance which meant the negative values were cancelling each other out thus making the sine very subtle. I didn’t see this until I finally moved the bottle at a larger distance. The Finterp Node was also the main culprit as it really hard to notice the problem and the interpolation speed was slow. Now, I need some sort of multiplier that would make the interpolation speed faster for shorter distances and slower for longer distances. Here is the screenshot with new changes:

This creates another problem- the sine motion goes crazy for physics based bottles with the newly implemented interpolation speeds for the Finterp Node. Physics based bottles worked fine with  the interpolation speed at default 1 for the Finterp Node.  Therefore, I added a Select float node to decide which interpolation method to use based on the physics boolean.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Environment Showcase Concepts

Distance Field water foam

World alignment (Tri-planar mapping)