Colour information to the material

I was re-watching Simon Trumpler's talk on the water in Rime and studied the material he provided. The material is spaghetti madness making it difficult to understand what exactly is happening, but with his presentation, it has somewhat cleared some of the confusion. I mainly wanted to find out the visual information such as the colour, opacity and refraction information. I'm not too bothered with other aspects such as the world position offset and the normal map as I feel that I want to implement my own version. However, the Rime water material seems to have the reflection and Normal map even though the material is unlit which is interesting. Normally, unlit materials cancel out these aspects of the material. 🤔
Unusual presence of Cloud reflection and subtle normal map information in an unlit water material

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Environment Showcase Concepts

Distance Field water foam

World alignment (Tri-planar mapping)