Fluid Surface Simulation Evaluation

At the moment the Ripples of the water surface I made did not take the shape of the overlapping objects. I was thinking of combining distance field with render targets but I'm not exactly sure how I would go about doing this. I spent a bit of time trying to figure this out but I've decided to take a bit of a break from refining the ripple as I feel I'm spending too much time on one aspect when there are other aspects such as the Gerstner Waves, The Colour and others I need to focus on.

Although it would be great to have the ripples take the shape of the object. However, for now, it more or less works the way I want it to behave and I don't think it will make a noticeable difference. I probably might revisit this in the future with better knowledge and a better approach to creating ripples.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Environment Showcase Concepts

Distance Field water foam

World alignment (Tri-planar mapping)